No more labels from 1 October 2019
As part of the Queensland Government’s commitment to be responsive, recreational vessels no longer need labels from 1 October 2019.
What are the changes?
• You won’t be getting another registration label.
• You can take your registration label off your vessel after 1 October 2019.
• Your registration certificate will no longer be issued following renewal payment.
How will I check if my rego is current and know when my rego expires?
• A renewal notice will still be sent reminding you of your registration due date.
• A reminder notice will still be sent if you forget to pay by the due date.
• Check the registration status and expiry date of any vessel using the online Check Registration Status tool at www.qld.gov.au/checkrego
• Download the QLD Rego Check app to check your registration status or expiry date and set a reminder in your calendar so that you receive notifications directly to your phone.
• Sign up for e-notices/e-reminders to get your renewals and reminders by email at www.qld.gov.au/regobyemail
• Sign up to renew your rego by direct debit at www.qld.gov.au/directdebit
• Check a vessel’s registration status and expiry date by calling the Department of Transport and Main Roads on 13 23 80.
‘No label’ does not mean ‘no registration’
Although you don’t need a label anymore, you still need to make sure your vessel is registered. The Department of Transport and Main Roads, Maritime Safety Queensland and our compliance partners will continue to actively enforce vessel registration. If you are caught in an unregistered vessel, you may face a fine.
Find out more
For more information about these changes, visit www.qld.gov.au/transport/boating/registration/recreational or call us on 13 23 80.