RBC is run by a group of dedicated volunteers who give their time so that your Club has positive ongoing planning for the future to meet our member’s needs, they organise all of the great activities that members enjoy as well as organise the maintenance of our facilities and ensure the club is financially sound with good financial governance. Serving on the RBC management committee is a great way to get to know other members and have some influence on the direction of the Club.
The objectives for the RBC Management Committee for next few years will include:
- Renegotiated our lease with Redlands City Council with some improved terms.
- Potentially upgrading our Ramp and Pontoon facilities in conjunction with the RCC dredging and rock wall extension
- Continuing to maintain the quality of the RBC facilities
- Ensuring the ongoing financial security of our Club
- Keeping RBC Club nights running successfully and meeting the expectations of our members
- Running boating events that our members enjoy and participate in
With our AGM imminent we are looking for RBC members to express interest in committee positions.
Below is a short outline of all of the management committee positions with detailed descriptions in the Club By-Laws.
The Flag Officers – the Commodore, Vice Commodore and Rear commodore are essentially the executive team of the management committee and provide overall leadership to the management committee.
- Commodore – Oversees all events and is Chair of the management committee. Generally ensures the club is run within the constitution, the interests of the members are properly met and in return, members adhere to the rules and Association’s constitution and By-Laws. Represents RBC on official occasions.
- Vice Commodore – is responsible for Club-house activities and other shore based events organised by RBC and is assisted by the House sub-committee.
- Rear Commodore – is responsible for all boating and fishing events, and is assisted by the boating events committee
- Treasurer – maintains the Club’s accounts to ensure the financial affairs of RBC are in order
- Secretary – records the minutes of all meetings and maintains the membership database, and manages all correspondence
- Publicity Officer and / or Webmaster – organise and arrange any required publicity and advertising of activities and functions via the website or in local news media and is responsible for editing, collating and distributing the club’s communications via the website, email or social media networks
- Bar Manager – best job of all is responsible for the clubhouse bar and its operation
- Building & Maintenance Coordinator – is responsible for all matters relating to building and maintenance of RBC property, and is assisted by the building & Maintenance subcommittee
- General Management Committee Members – contribute to the management committee and provide support as required. This is a good starting point, as you can get a better understanding of how the club runs, and then step up into a more senior position.
If you are interested in getting involved in any positions or committee’s, contact our Commodore Mike Streets who can provide further information.